Last updated on the 31st of May 2019.
Firefighter-test.com is owned by Seliant ApS and will be known as ‘controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
Company registration number: DK38631985
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Seliant has committed to work with the European Data Protection Authorities to ensure our practices are compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Data Subject Rights
We’ve listed the rights you have over your personal information and how you can use them below.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com. Please use this form when submitting a data request.
- The right to withdraw consent: Where we have obtained consent for some of the ways we use your information you can remove that consent at any time by contacting us.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information and, if we are, you can ask for access to that information as well as further details including why your data is being used and for what purposes.
- You can ask to correct your personal information held by us if it is wrong.
- You can ask us to delete certain of your personal information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your personal information.
- You can ask us to help you move certain personal information to other companies. To help with that you have a right to ask that we provide your personal information in a machine-readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information.
Information Visitors Provide
Personal information collected on Firefighter-test.com:
Visitors who use our website but do not register and/or have not registered in the past do not have to provide any personal information to use the website. Any information you do provide (for example in contact forms) is optional.
- Visitors who use practice tests presented as “simulation of a real pre-employment assessment test” will be required to provide certain information to view test scores. This information is saved in 100% anonymous format and cannot be connected to you in any way.
- Visitors who make a purchase: Information required by our credit card processor: Full name, email address, billing address, credit card/ PayPal details, IP Address, and cookies when applicable. Credit card data is not managed by us, but is managed securely through our payment processors, QuickPay and PayPal.
- Visitors who submit a message through our contact form: full name, email address, your message.
Why this information is collected and how it is used:
- The information is collected as part of a test validation process. We collect and store all data in anonymous format. With this data we also create what is called a “Norm Group” with which the score of future test-takers can be compared.
- It is a requirement by our payment processor and by law that we collected this information. We are required by law to store your full name, email address, and billing address. Seliant ApS does not process or store your credit card information. Your credit card information is processed securely through our payment processors: QuickPay and PayPal.
- We collect this information in order to respond to your message. The information is saved on our email server and email client so we can refer to it later, if needed. You may request your message deleted from our email server and client at any time.
Test Prep Account and your Information
Users with a Test Prep Account have a detailed log of their practice which includes:
- Tests taken:
- Score achieved
- Time used
- Question categories included in the test
- Date the test was taken
- Correct/incorrect answers for each question category
- Questions taken, by identification number
- Login dates
- Training Assistant:
- Question categories selected
- Date of test (if given)
- Present step in training schedule
- Stored Anonymously:
- What answer is given to a test item
- How long time is used on a test item
- Performance Assessment Test (by the Training Assistant): score and time used
This information is stored for the purpose of providing you with personalized and successful test preparation. Only the data that is “Stored Anonymously” is shared with other users for the purpose of performance comparison. The data that is “Stored Anonymously” is also used to analyze and improve our test items.
How Is My Payment Information Used When I Make a Purchase?
Our main payment processor is QuickPay, we use PayPal as an alternative option. Your information is confidential and protected in compliance with GDPR regulations. The following information is required in order to process your payment: name, e-mail, address, credit card/ PayPal details, and IP Address.
How we use the data we collect
In general, we collect and use your information to provide our services, to provide support for our services, to respond to user requests and inquiries, to maintain a record of our dealings with users, to facilitate your use of and our administration and operation of our services; and to improve our offerings.
How long we keep your data
Test Prep Account: We will delete all accounts and all information linked to those accounts, one year after sign up or last account renewal.
All other personal information: Your information will be kept with us until you notify us that you want it deleted.
If you have requested your Test Prep Account to be cancelled or deleted, we will delete all data that is linked to that account.
Who we share your data with:
Anonymous Information. Anonymous or aggregated information that does not identify you personally, like usage and metrics information, referring website addresses, and “aggregate” information may be shared with others, including developers, potential investors, marketers, and business partners. Anonymous information helps us understand trends and user needs so that we can better design new products and services and refine existing products and services to serve our customers better.
Personally identifiable information (Personal Information). This is information that can identify you individually, such as an individual’s name or email address.
We do not sell or rent any Personal Information provided by visitors to any 3rd party unless expressive permission has been given.
We may share Personal Information during due diligence or in preparation for or after a sale, merger, consolidation, change in control, transfer of substantial assets, reorganization or liquidation.
We may disclose information if we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal processes; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of the website; or (4) protect the personal safety, property, or rights of our users or the public.
We work with the following third-parties who each uphold by the GDPR regulations and have Data Protection Addendums in place to protect the customers data: Microsoft Corporation, QuickPay, Clearhaus, PayPal, Google LLC, Jottacloud, and Platinum Server Management.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with the instructions of the data controller.
You may contact us for more information on how your information is processed through these companies, for contact information or for data requests.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
We do not knowingly collect or share personally identifiable information from or about children under 13. Firefighter-test.com may be accessible to children but Firefighter-test.com is targeted for parents and adults and is not intended for children under age 13.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device that uniquely identify your browser or device.
What are cookies used for?
Cookies allow a site or services to know if your computer or device has visited that site or service before. Cookies can then be used to help understand how the site or service is being used, help you navigate between pages efficiently, help remember your preferences, and generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help ensure marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does Firefighter-test.com use?
We are proud to say that we do not use tracking, analytical, and advertising cookies.
Here are the cookies we do use:
Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use certain features of our website. Without these cookies, we cannot provide you certain services on our website..
Functional cookies: These cookies are only applied to registered members and our use of these is very limited. The cookies are used to remember simple choices and to avoid showing the same information boxes to you several times.
How long will cookies stay on my device?
The length of time a cookie will stay on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
How to control and delete cookies
If you want to delete cookies follow the instructions here. If you wish to disable your browser from receiving cookies follow the instructions here(https://www.wikihow.com/Disable-Cookies). Note that if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain parts of our Service and other parts of our Service may not work properly. You can find out more information cookie settings at third-party information sites, such as this website.